Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Monday, April 16, 2018

A sign of liberty in the Rocky Mountain High state....

I lived in Colorado from 1989 to 1992, and like California, the state's physical beauty is breathtaking. I took the family there this last summer and they were astonished at the Rocky Mountains, Pike's Peak, and Garden of the Gods, among other things.

However, over the last 25 years Colorado has been invaded by libtards from states like California, and unfortunately they are bringing their crazed ideas with them. And Boulder is known for it's crazy ideas, and now they've passed another one. They want to ban "assault rifles," whatever the hell that is.

I found this article oner the weekend and it's interesting:

To Boulder’s anti-gun bigots, I will not comply with your hate law

My home town of Boulder is about to define me as a criminal if I do not disarm or move.

Let this column serve as a public notice, I will not comply.

I was raised in Colorado and moved to Boulder in 1984, graduated from CU there and stayed. I proudly represented Boulder on the RTD Board of Directors. My late daughter rests in a Boulder cemetery. I plan to be laid to rest beside her when my time comes. All that to say my roots are deep in my hometown.

But to be who I am, to be true to my values I hold dear, I must choose to leave or go to jail.

Boulder prides itself on promoting inclusion, diversity and tolerance. And there was a time it lived up to those now-empty words — a time when Boulder was diverse enough to welcome such opposites as the beatnik, Buddhist Naropa Institute and Soldier of Fortune magazine.

But it’s getting very clear Boulder doesn’t want my type in their lily-white, homogeneous town...

Remember, it's inclusive and tolerant for their kind of people, not for others.
Boulder City Council is on the verge of passing a sweeping anti-gun ordinance, laughably called an assault weapons ban. So loosely written, this ordinance would ban the first gun I ever owned, a simple .22 caliber rifle, the same type most farm boys get on their twelfth birthday. Its sin? It can be fitted with a pistol-grip or a folding stock...

...The Anti-Defamation League and The Gay and Lesbian Fund sponsors a program plastered throughout Boulder schools call “No Place For Hate.” They ask students to make a resolution of respect: “I will seek to gain understanding of those who are different from myself.”

But Boulder’s council has done nothing to understand the culture and values of gun owners and little to understand much more than the cosmetic aspects of guns.

Boulder has become a place for hate.

Should this ordinance pass, it will require me to permanently move my guns out of Boulder. What a spectacularly privileged, Boulderesque idea. Only in Boulder and Aspen is there an assumption that you’re wealthy enough to have a second home or storage in another city.

You can’t keep your soon-to-be-illegal guns at a friend’s house in another city either. The new 2013 anti-gun state laws say you can only do that for three days before you’ll both be criminals.

If I can’t afford to move my guns out, which I can’t, I am to destroy them or surrender them. There is a possibility council might take pity and let me keep my own property by creating the state’s first database of people whose values they do not understand or respect...

...Jon Caldara, a Denver Post columnist, is president of the Independence Institute, a libertarian-conservative think tank in Denver.

The rest of the article is worth reading, but I'm drawn to the part where a city is requiring a citizen to turn in a legal item, a firearm, or destroy them. They are denying a citizen his personal property without compensation. Granted, I have not read the full text of the proposed legislation, but this seems like a serious violation of the Constitution's "takings" clause. Per Amendment V, "...nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation." Then again, when has the Constitution been a hindrance to liberals.

No comments:

Post a Comment