Police Work, Politics and World Affairs, Football and the ongoing search for great Scotch Whiskey!

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

The Boeing 787

A few years ago I read how the Air Force is looking at a replacement for Air Force One, as the current two Boeing 747s have been in use since 1989. I know that because I was temporarily at Andrews Air Force Base and when I went for a run, I passed by the hangers. And there were the two 747s, brand news (at the time) and looking awesome.

Well, the Air Force has an issue because the replacement for the 747, the 787, has only two engines. And the USAF is concerned about transporting the president without four engines.

I don't know how the AF will handle this, but I've looked at the new Boeing 787 and it is incredible. And take a look at that take off:


Here are some more pics of Boeing's new top end bird. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment